Skip to main content

How to Hide LLC Ownership in Florida | Private | Anonymous |

One of the great places to start an LLC is Florida.  Florida just recently made it very clear that your assets can be protected by multi-member LLC's (Limited Liability Companies).  This offers greater protection to you versus having a single member LLC.  A single member LLC is simply an individual hiding behind a business name.  Doesn't sound very safe.  Having two members of an LLC at least makes it sound to your creditor that it is a little more difficult to reach you.  Howe about, if those creditors didn't even know who owns the Florida LLC?

For a privacy stand point, Florida isn't very private.  Florida wants you to make public members of an LLC.

You can see this by clicking the link to sunbiz.org for forming Florida LLC's  https://efile.sunbiz.org/llc_file.html





List the name and address of each manager or representative authorized to manage and control the company. This information is required to open most bank accounts and to obtain workers' comp exemption. Once this document is filed, any changes will require an amendment and an additional $25.00 filing fee.
 (MGR, AMBR, AP or other designated title(s))
Name,,,
- OR -
 
 & 

The work around in hiding Members in a Florida LLC is by making the Manager or MGR one or two LLC's from a Private State such as Delaware ($250 a year)  or New Mexico ($50 one time).

When someone looks up your now hidden ownership of your LLC it would look like this on the Florida Secretary of State website:

Authorized Person(s) DetailName & Address 

Title MGR 

Hidden Owner of an LLC 1
125 Hide LLC Ownership dr.
Some Place, DE 00000

Title MGR 

Anonymous Owner of an LLC
125 Anonymous Owner of an LLC Avenue
Some Place, NM 00000

And the paper trail stops there!

As a multi member LLC you will have to file a separate multi member LLC tax return such as through turbo tax.  Their business software is $149.99.  Make sure your two LLC's have a separate Tax ID.  When you input the two LLC's the software will give you an option to declare those LLC's as fall through LLC's and therefore the K1's that generate at the end for your tax return, have the LLC names and their tax ID's.  You then simply use those K1's on your tax return without using the business names and you are hidden.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

States that hide LLC Ownership Information from Public Search

So you want to start your Limited Liability Company but you don't want your name listed publicly. People ask "what are you hiding", "why don't you want people to see who owns the company", "are you doing something illegal"?  My answer is, I'm not hiding anything, I simply do not want my name publicly posted on the secretary of states website. My company membership information is my business and not everyone else's. There was a point in time when people didn't discuss what they own, how much money they have and what business they are involved in. We used to be a society of private people. I do not want my name on my company records for safety reasons, and I do not want to get sued personally.  Getting sued There is this false perception that you are exempt from creditors and lawyers if you own an LLC. Wrong!  If your name is on the Secretary of State website they are coming after you. Creditors, lawyers and anybody who sues ha

How to Hide Your Identity in States Where You MUST Post Members and Managers Names and Addresses.

If my State requires that I put down Members and Managers, how can I remain anonymous? If my Private State LLC wants to operate in a State as a foreign entity, how do I remain anonymous? This can be done with a few extra steps.  So I bought some rental properties in the name of my LLC because I do not want my name on the deed nor do I want former tenants showing up at my current residence for safety reasons.  I also do not want to get sued.  I had only one problem, I now have to start an LLC in a State where I have to put down Managers and Members. When forming an LLC in one of those nosy, public, everybody deserve to know who you are and at one point become envious of what you own, you simply create 1 or 2 LLC's in a State that is private.  For example New Mexico charges a one time $50 fee to form an LLC and you never have to renew in New Mexico.  So for $50-$100 You can be the private owner of 1-2 LLC's in New Mexico and then add those LLC's as the Managing Mem